Friday, October 2, 2009
The House Is Quiet
My dad left late last night. He took the red-eye back to the homeland. We got so much done this week. The house is now white, picture holes are patched, things are clean and most importantly almost everything is ready to go in the container. We didn't just work all week, there was a couple of bike rides. He got to come to the beach and watch a Ryan and I surf. It was just great to have him here before I go because I don't think I'll be seeing him for a long time now. He thinks he'll make it out to Hawai'i in March, but who knows, that's a long time from now.
The house is unusually quiet. Maybe Denise would experience the house like this when I used to go off to work, but I don't get this opportunity very often. Tigris is asleep again after plowing through her breakfast. I think I can here a little snoring! I can't even here the traffic due to the huge rusty blue container that got dropped off yesterday afternoon. The driver was a nice guy, and was a little jealous about us moving to Hawai'i. I didn't want to get into the whole story, so I just agreed how great everything was.
Today is the first day of what should be a great weekend. I have two great friends from Milwaukee coming. The first is to arrive today. We will work too, the container needs to be loaded tomorrow for a Monday morning pick-up, but after that it will be relaxation time. It was a lot harder and took a lot longer than I had anticipated to get the house ready to go. I really don't want to move ever again, but I'm sure that will not be the case. It's a nice thought though, to be maybe moving to the last house.
The moment that I look into this place for the last time as a resident is coming quickly. I hope that Tigris doesn't miss us too much. She'll get great care from Aunty Dina and Uncle Darin. I hope that all my plants flourish under new control. I hope that all of our donated goods get to be enjoyed by others. I hope that I get to see you all soon. I can't wait to see my bey bey!
