Sunday, October 11, 2009
Sunday's Sunday BBQ
Today was Geana and Kanoa's baby girl Sunday's 4th B-day BBQ. Her B-day was actually on 10/6, but today was the party. It was down in Keaukaha right in front of Lalakea ice ponds - soooo perfect! Noa cooked up some grinds (of course) and it was a collection of all these cute hapa kids running all over the place! I'm a little disappointed in myself, I couldn't bring myself to dip all the way into the ice ponds...what happened to that Hilo girl?! Brian went right in - no screaming or hesitating, I was so proud of him! For those of you who don't know these are ponds that are right by the ocean, but they are fed by underground fresh water that is ICE cold. We're talking cold like Ocean Beach SF cold. It's nice on a hot muggy day, but it will give you a big shock. I was too chicken to get all the way in - I figured I have shocked my body enough over the last few months...but that's just an excuse for being a baby!
It was nice to spend a day off from cancer. I'm feeling pretty good, and what's really good about that is I still have 10 days until my next chemo cycle. That means I should be feeling really strong by then. I'm going to sleep well tonight - my cheeks ache from smiling and laughing so much. Thank-you Sunday for having a birthday!
love,
Denise
It was nice to spend a day off from cancer. I'm feeling pretty good, and what's really good about that is I still have 10 days until my next chemo cycle. That means I should be feeling really strong by then. I'm going to sleep well tonight - my cheeks ache from smiling and laughing so much. Thank-you Sunday for having a birthday!
love,
Denise
