Friday, October 16, 2009

Kona Side

I am sitting in Waikaloa with Denise and our friend Dominick. He's here to help me refinish the floors in Hilo, but as it will have it, Hilo doesn't have the materials to do this project. I was a bit shocked to find this as a reality, but then reality set in and gave us a chance to visit our home away from home.

Tonight has been a wonderful time of good food and talking story. Dinner was composed of local beef burgers with blue cheese. Salad and poke from Waiamea. I'm not sure at this point how many Coors Lights I had, but I can tell you that I'm almost through a 22 of Guiness. On top of that, this is the first chance that I've had to use my own computer! What a night. I had to tell you about it.

This isn't the most meaningful time spent on the blog. It is, however, a moment that I needed to share. It has been a great night. Tomorrow, back to work, we will get all the stuff we need in Kona. Drive back to Hilo and continue the transformation of the real home.

Aloha,
Bri