Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Whew!

Okay, for those of you who don't remember me, my name is Brian.

What a nutty week plus one this has been. I got right off the boat and hit the ground running. This house has not seen a storm like me since the original construction. I knew that there was going to be a bit of work. I even knew that it might seem a little too much for one guy before I got here, but let me tell you, it didn't even compare to begin working and wonder where to start! I just kept telling myself to keep going. I made a couple of logistical mistakes, but battled through and am at a point now, where the fun can start.

Our friend Dom, is swimming over from Kauai on Friday morning and we're going to start refinishing the old hardwood floors. I've done this before, but I learned from my Dad, who for those of you who don't know, is a Pastor. Dom is a professional hard wood guy, so I'm exstatic to learn from a Pro. Then he can't make fun of me for doing it "Contractor Style." Rushing it for the lay person. Did I spell that correctly?

Not only have I not written on the blog, but this is my first internet session I've had since becoming a Hawai'i resident. To tell you the truth, it was kinda nice. I really haven't looked at my phone much either. These days have been truly great. No one harrassing me, just locked in to what I have to do. It's also made for great night sleeps. I've been out by nine and up by six. Instead of hearing the close of the Riptide, I get to hear the river and frogs.

It's just about black here as I sit in the crow's nest of the house. I can still make out the outlines of the palms in all directions. It's 6:18 here, which means it's going on midnight back in Wisco. It's still a little difficult figuring out when it's okay to call people. I've got to add it up, then make a decision. This is definitely the U.S.A., but it's not the same. You gotta be cool, and willing to help whenever you get a chance otherwise this place will spit you back to the main land before you can say 'houle!' And I know I spelled that wrong.