Friday, September 25, 2009
A Week Away
On Sunday, Denise will be leaving for Hilo. I am not going until Oct. 6th. When we made these plans, I was thinking that there was so much to get done, that it would take me until then to do it all. Now, as our little army of helpers has nearly completed all packing, I'm left with just the thoughts of being away from Denise for over a week. What an empty feeling that is. She's going to have a treatment without me there. I won't be able to do anything for her. I know that her mom will take my place without a problem, but I want to be there.
My dad is coming the day Denise is leaving. He'll be here to help me actually load the container, plus take the car over to the Port of Oakland. We'll be able to get in some much needed biking and spend some much needed time together. It will be great to have that time, even though my mind might be a little preoccupied. I also have my friend Jeff coming to visit from Milwaukee. This time away from Denise would be much harder to take if these two guys weren't coming my way.
