Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Morning

Ever since I moved in with Denise, the mornings have been my time. The house is quiet outside the rustling of Tigris eating her breakfast and the coffee maker doing its thing. I get online to catch up on my correspondence. I look out the window at the waves and the morning joggers. I flip through the channels to check the morning news. I get ready for work and off I go.

Since I stopped working last Friday, my mornings have been a little different. I've been spending a little more time outside with Tigris. I got to watch her roll around in a dead something this morning. She'll be getting a well deserved shower after this. I've been surfing more, which is something I've always wanted to do in the morning. For better or worse, I've been thinking more. I shouldn't say that it's for the worse at all, it's something that is very important, and it's something that I put off while I was working.

This morning, Denise is very sore. She's almost done with the daily pills. She'll have a week off very soon. She deserves it! She just wants to be fixed as she said last night. The soreness is something that shows the drugs are working. So, the pain, is not all that bad. She'll be leaving SF on Sunday, and that means a couple of things. First of all, the process is well under way. Two, I won't be there for her for a week. I'll have to trust that she gets all that she needs from others.

I hope that my mornings next week, although my time, won't feel too lonely without her in the next room!