Monday, November 2, 2009

Waiting for paint to dry

It's funny how I think that the paint on the inside is done, when every day I look around I find more touch ups to do.  I don't know why I keep thinking it's done,  but at least I'm here to see it and have the paint ready to go.  I've decided to jump outside to get the exterior done before finishing the bathrooms and living room.  I want to screen in the lanai and front porch, and to do that I have to first paint and fix some dry rot. So into the heat I will go.  Should take me a week or so to finish.  That is if touch ups don't last another week.

We now have wireless at the house, so I can keep in touch about the same as in SF.  It's nice being back on our own computer.  Nothing wrong with the PC here, but it's not like ours.  Plus we can sit in the comfortable tomato while typing.  If you don't know what our 'tomato' is, you'll have to come here and check it out.  That is if Tigris will let you in it!  She is coming out here on December 13th.  What a great b-day gift that will be!

Mauna Kea was as brilliant as ever this morning when we were taking Nate and Shanna to the airport.  I don't think I've seen the summit from Hilo since I've been here.  Often covered with clouds, so it was very impressive above the city.  For those of you who don't know, it just under 14,000 ft. above sea level.  It's the biggest mountain in the world with more mass than Everest.  Thankfully, it's also inactive! The other monster just behind it, Mauna Loa, is still considered active.  As long as Kilauea is doing it's thing, pressure inside should remain at safe levels.  More threat of earthquakes than anything else here.