Sunday, April 4, 2010
...makes me happy
It's such a bummer to always report out sucky news on this blog. It doesn't give a rounded out picture of how wonderful our lives actually are. We want to keep you - our loved ones, updated on the ins-and-outs of this cancer journey, but it seems with every mountain we climb our view is of infinite mountains more to climb. BUT, that doesn't mean the journey doesn't get to be fun. If Bri and I are together we are laughing and enjoying as many moments as possible. How's about a list of things that make me happy? It's important to me for you to know that I smile until my cheeks hurt every day and I go to sleep grateful to have lived another wonderful day every night.
My bed. I love my bed. It is squishy, soft sheets, 4 big fluffy pillows all to myself, a warm snoring husband next to me, and sweet doggy at my feet.
My window next to my bed. Rain, stars, cool ocean breeze, moonlight over the palm forest, wind folding through the trees, the river running, and the ocean pounding on the cliffs in the distance. I love it all and it's so big I feel like I'm almost sleeping outside.
Having lunch dates with Brian and Tigris. We have picnics about 3 times a week.
Getting to work on my crafty projects. I love having the time to practice my sewing. Knitting is next.
Helping alohAMondays. I love working with food, I love helping to make a dinner go perfectly. Working with Noa's catering company to help in any way possible, even if it's behind a computer gives me a reason to get out of bed each morning. I know I don't do much, but even a little bit makes me feel useful.
Showing my mainland family and friends why I love Hawaii. To see in their eyes a love for a place that I love makes me feel closer to them even when we are far away.
Loco mocos.
The vast starry nights here, pitch black and uninterrupted by city lights.
Watching Brian get Tigris riled up so she attacks him. If he pretends to attack me she comes to my rescue!
The pouring rain, so loud it wakes you up...then gone as fast as it came.
Mango season soon.
Reading books that have been in my queue for years.
Being able to take short walks even on the rough days down to the cliff overlooking the ocean by my house in my pajamas.
Sleeping in with Tigris while Brian gets an early morning surf session.
Avocado season soon.
People-watching with Brian and making up our own version of their inner monologue.
Being able to take a nap if I feel like taking a nap.
Jumping in the ocean whenever I feel like it.
Beating Brian at cribbage again...and again...and again...
Picking Puakinekine flowers from the neighbor's yard to put by my bedside. I catch the wafting smell all night as I dream.
I could go on all day thinking of things that make me smile. Hope you all have lots of reasons to smile too.
love,
nise
My bed. I love my bed. It is squishy, soft sheets, 4 big fluffy pillows all to myself, a warm snoring husband next to me, and sweet doggy at my feet.
My window next to my bed. Rain, stars, cool ocean breeze, moonlight over the palm forest, wind folding through the trees, the river running, and the ocean pounding on the cliffs in the distance. I love it all and it's so big I feel like I'm almost sleeping outside.
Having lunch dates with Brian and Tigris. We have picnics about 3 times a week.
Getting to work on my crafty projects. I love having the time to practice my sewing. Knitting is next.
Helping alohAMondays. I love working with food, I love helping to make a dinner go perfectly. Working with Noa's catering company to help in any way possible, even if it's behind a computer gives me a reason to get out of bed each morning. I know I don't do much, but even a little bit makes me feel useful.
Showing my mainland family and friends why I love Hawaii. To see in their eyes a love for a place that I love makes me feel closer to them even when we are far away.
Loco mocos.
The vast starry nights here, pitch black and uninterrupted by city lights.
Watching Brian get Tigris riled up so she attacks him. If he pretends to attack me she comes to my rescue!
The pouring rain, so loud it wakes you up...then gone as fast as it came.
Mango season soon.
Reading books that have been in my queue for years.
Being able to take short walks even on the rough days down to the cliff overlooking the ocean by my house in my pajamas.
Sleeping in with Tigris while Brian gets an early morning surf session.
Avocado season soon.
People-watching with Brian and making up our own version of their inner monologue.
Being able to take a nap if I feel like taking a nap.
Jumping in the ocean whenever I feel like it.
Beating Brian at cribbage again...and again...and again...
Picking Puakinekine flowers from the neighbor's yard to put by my bedside. I catch the wafting smell all night as I dream.
I could go on all day thinking of things that make me smile. Hope you all have lots of reasons to smile too.
love,
nise
