Friday, September 17, 2010

Thankful

As we are rapidly approaching Denise's one month mark of passing, I'm left here to marvel in all the good people we have around us!  There has been no shortage of good blessings, well wishes, and stories of good times past.  Although the pain I feel is real, and will not end anytime soon, I can't help but be thankful for all of you.  I don't wake up miserable anymore.  I do see the beauty again, because of all of your words that ring through my head.  It's amazing to understand the impact that we had on your lives.  Denise only wanted to help people.  She has always been like that.  So, for her to be able to be some sort of positive thought in the back of people's minds for a long time is a fulfillment to her long term plan.

Her words ring out to me all throughout the day.  I love it!  Constant reminders to not forget, to plan accordingly, to not be lazy, to eat and eat right, to respect my body, to enjoy others, and to love.  I'm not quite over the selfishness of wanting her back.  I would rather be completely unhealthy with her next to me, but I understand that cannot happen.  I will move forward with her by my side.  I will move forward to help people in my own way.  I will move forward with the understanding that I am not perfect, but my try to be.

In the end, I have all of you.  Some of you whom I have never met, but most of you whom I will see often. Our ohana reaches the four corners of the globe and I know that we will mobilize instantly the time someone else needs help.  I for sure have many thank you's to pay back.  Don't worry, I know that I'm not in debt to you, I will simply pay it forward when I get my opportunity.

Aloha,
Bri