Sunday, June 13, 2010
Trucks R Priceless
A little over four and a half years ago, I purchased a brand new Nissan Titan. Top of the line, all the options, and all of the price tag. I didn't even question the cost, I needed it. Of course, any number of less expensive trucks could of potentially all ready been paid off, but that's not who I was as a person then. I've always liked nice cars, this case a truck. I've always made bad decisions when getting cars. Usually, spur of the moment, no plan and definitely no negotiating. Fast as I can, in and out, with new ride!
I needed this truck for work of course...........and pleasure of course! It has certainly paid me back as a worthwhile tool. I use this thing for everything. Hauling, pulling, pushing, surfing, and going places with Denise. The work side of it is great. Makes yard work a whole lot better, when I can drive my truck around the property full of trees and brush and dump it in the back. It's saved me so many hours of labor, I would have paid twice as much as I did. What makes it really priceless is how many memories I have in it with Denise.
It was with Denise and the truck that we spent 10 hours getting to Tahoe in a blizzard with US 50 shut down. It was with Denise and the truck traveling up the 1 to Serenesea in Mendocino. It was with Denise and the truck traveling to Santa Cruz to get my new beach cruiser. It was with Denise and the truck to Sacramento to see Trip guys all the time. It was with Denise and the truck to all of those baseball games. It was with Denise and the truck to Kona side for some R and R. It was with Denise and the truck to Champagne ponds and the tidal pools near Kapoho. The list goes on and on.
Tonight was the best though. It was with Denise and the truck packed up with air mattress and sleeping bags up Mauna Kea to watch the stars. It was about 40 degress, but in the bed of the truck we might as well have been in our bed at home. So comfortable and better entertainment that television could ever dream of being. The stars were out in force. No silly moon to get in the way of the show. Shooting stars, the big dipper, whatever planets those were in the early evening sky........and yes, a snoring wife. Did I mention this was priceless?
Reality says that there may not be too many more of these memories made, but I wouldn't exchange more memories for the ones that I already have in a million years. That sounded kind of harsh when I read it back to myself, but I stand by it. We have lived our lives together exactly how we wanted to. To take that away for a longer time together, would change our whole philosophy on life. Take what's in front of you. Enjoy today, because you never know what tomorrow brings, right? This does not make my love for Denise weaker, in actually proves to me that what we have has been worth it. It feels full no matter if it ends tomorrow or 100 years from now. At the end of each day, it was worth it!
Much Love,
Bri
I needed this truck for work of course...........and pleasure of course! It has certainly paid me back as a worthwhile tool. I use this thing for everything. Hauling, pulling, pushing, surfing, and going places with Denise. The work side of it is great. Makes yard work a whole lot better, when I can drive my truck around the property full of trees and brush and dump it in the back. It's saved me so many hours of labor, I would have paid twice as much as I did. What makes it really priceless is how many memories I have in it with Denise.
It was with Denise and the truck that we spent 10 hours getting to Tahoe in a blizzard with US 50 shut down. It was with Denise and the truck traveling up the 1 to Serenesea in Mendocino. It was with Denise and the truck traveling to Santa Cruz to get my new beach cruiser. It was with Denise and the truck to Sacramento to see Trip guys all the time. It was with Denise and the truck to all of those baseball games. It was with Denise and the truck to Kona side for some R and R. It was with Denise and the truck to Champagne ponds and the tidal pools near Kapoho. The list goes on and on.
Tonight was the best though. It was with Denise and the truck packed up with air mattress and sleeping bags up Mauna Kea to watch the stars. It was about 40 degress, but in the bed of the truck we might as well have been in our bed at home. So comfortable and better entertainment that television could ever dream of being. The stars were out in force. No silly moon to get in the way of the show. Shooting stars, the big dipper, whatever planets those were in the early evening sky........and yes, a snoring wife. Did I mention this was priceless?
Reality says that there may not be too many more of these memories made, but I wouldn't exchange more memories for the ones that I already have in a million years. That sounded kind of harsh when I read it back to myself, but I stand by it. We have lived our lives together exactly how we wanted to. To take that away for a longer time together, would change our whole philosophy on life. Take what's in front of you. Enjoy today, because you never know what tomorrow brings, right? This does not make my love for Denise weaker, in actually proves to me that what we have has been worth it. It feels full no matter if it ends tomorrow or 100 years from now. At the end of each day, it was worth it!
Much Love,
Bri
